Friday, September 21, 2012

How passionately do you despise your own sin?

Grace and peace to you my friends,

Again it is becoming a habit to go far to long between our visits here but fret not, I haven't fallen off the wagon completely. Some times I feel as though life seems to get in the way of truly living. The business of a seven person home continually escalates as time and age pass by. I must admit, I didn't think that it would happen this fast. Now I'm not trying to complain here nor am I making an excuse for my absence. This is just what's on my mind this morning and it just so happens that despite all the business, God in His gracious mercy has granted Mom and I a few quiet moments this morning to gather our thoughts and selves together before our day really takes over. Thank you precious Lord for you indeed are wise and good.

That said, the real reason I called you all here this morning was to share with you the passage of Scripture that God allowed me to be blessed with this morning. It comes from Psalms 51 and it is Davids lament for his sin with Bathsheeba.

Have mercy on me, O God,
        according to your steadfast love;
    according to your abundant mercy
        blot out my transgressions.
    Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
        and cleanse me from my sin!
    For I know my transgressions,
        and my sin is ever before me.
    Against you, you only, have I sinned
        and done what is evil in your sight,
    so that you may be justified in your words
        and blameless in your judgment.
"
    Psalm 51:1-4 ESV

Now my prayer to follow this plea is that all of us would learn to recognize when we have offended the one True Living God. May the God of all hope and mercy grant that we too seek His glorious face with the same kind of passion that king David had after confession of his sin. Oh how mighty would the Lords movement be in His Church if we could all learn to despise our sin while at the same time chasing after the righteousness of God our savior, following in the steps of men like David. What delight would fill our hearts to have our Savior say, "you lived with a heart just like mine, well done good and faithful servant".

For the Joy of Your Faith and a Heart like Davids,
Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment