Friday, December 28, 2012

Are you Standing in the Gap?

Grace and peace to you my friends,

"They forgot God, their Savior,
who had done great things in Egypt,
wondrous works in the land of Ham,
and awesome deeds by the Red Sea.
Therefore he said he would destroy them—
had not Moses, his chosen one,
stood in the breach before him,
to turn away his wrath from destroying them."
Psalms 106:21-23 ESV

My friends, these verses hit home very hard this morning. I had to ask myself, am I showing any love, to those around me deserving of Gods judgement, by lifting them up in prayer pleading for mercy and grace on their behalf. Sadly I must admit that I fall far short in this area. However I can take courage knowing that Gods grace is more than sufficient for my failures. The mere fact that my heart aches for these people is proof that the Holy Spirit is working on it, molding and guiding it to His ways. Praise be to our all mighty God, for though I am weak, He is strong.


Dear friends, are you standing in the gap for someone in need of mercy? Today I am challenging myself as well as you to let Gods Spirit guide your loving prayers towards a soul desperately in need of them.


For the Joy of Your Faith and the Hope of Your Prayers,
Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment